Connect with us

Uncategorized

Asian countries re-impose tighter restrictions due to Delta variant outbreak

Published

on

Asian countries

On Friday July 30th, 2021 Asian countries from Australia to Japan and the Philippines announced stricter restrictive measures for Covid-19.

This is due to the fact that the region is struggling with the spread of the virus.

The Covid-19 outbreak is getting worse with the Delta variant.

The Delta variant that was first identified in India has become a global concern, prompting even countries

with advanced vaccination programs such as the US, Israel and Singapore to re-impose some restrictions.

 

However, the Delta variant is having a bigger impact on Asian countries and many countries in the region

are facing record cases now due to low vaccination rates.

In a report, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) described the Delta variant as

contagious as chickenpox and can cause severe illness.

The CDC report also says this variant is also more likely to bypass the protections offered by vaccines.

Dicky Budiman, an epidemiologist from Griffith University in Queensland told Reuters:

“We know from research that the Delta variant has a viral load 1,000 times higher than the previous

variants, which is why at Why do we see more cases because it’s transmitted more easily and faster?”

He also said Delta seems to cause more severe symptoms, especially related to shortness of breath.

Sydney is currently facing its toughest measures ever, including mandatory testing in the hardest-hit

suburbs as the number of infections has remained at a five-week high.

Since the introduction of restrictive measures.

From Monday (August 2), the military force will help police in the Australian city of Sydney

check people who have tested positive for the virus in isolation.

On Friday (July 30), the Philippines announced a plan to blockade the capital Manila with a population of

more than 13 million for two weeks to prevent the spread of Delta and protect the country’s health system.

On the same day, India reported its highest number of daily cases in three weeks, the latest evidence of a worrying upward trend that has forced a state to shut down amid fears of a wave of infections. other infections.

In Japan, the government on July 30 also proposed a state of emergency until the end of August in three prefectures near the Tokyo Olympic venue and the western district of Osaka, because Covid-19 cases are increasing sharply.

Economy Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura said:

“The infection situation is spreading more and more.”

On the other hand, CDC director Rochelle Walensky said earlier this week, new studies have shown fully vaccinated people carry the virus as much as unvaccinated people and this suggests they can transmit the virus.

 

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

Published

on

C.Ronaldo requests for zidane as coach
photo: sports/Peachright.com

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

According to El Chiringuito, Cristiano Ronaldo has advised Manchester United’s board to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Zinedine Zidane.

Following a 4-2 loss to Leicester City on Saturday, Solskjaer has been under greater scrutiny.

The Red Devils have lost three matches in the Premier League.

United’s leadership is said to have given Solskjaer their full support, believing the 48-year-old would enhance the team’s performance.

Senior officials at Old Trafford, on the other hand, are weighing their alternatives and have identified him as a viable contender, based on Ronaldo’s proposal.

According to the report, Zidane has met with United’s management, but he is interested in succeeding Didier Deschamps as France’s new head coach.

It’s also been reported that Zidane was approached by both PSG and Newcastle United, but the former Real Madrid manager declined both offers.

 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker

Published

on

BOLAJI TINUBU AND PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
Photo credit: STEFAN HEUNIS/AFP via Getty Images

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker.

Hon Gbolahan Yishawu, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, has stated that the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is ready to nominate Bola Tinubu, the party’s national leader, as its presidential candidate in 2023.

The outcome of Saturday’s State Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that they were ready to appoint Tinubu the APC’s flag bearer.

The legislator, who represents Eti-Osa II, made the statement immediately after the congress, which took place at Lagos State’s Mobolaji Johnson Arena Stadium.

The success of the Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that internal democracy was here to stay.

He praised party members for maintaining peace and order throughout the congress’s conclusion.

“As you can see here, everything is peaceful and orderly, and the rules and regulations of the party are being played according to the party’s constitution, and we are upholding all democratic and pragmatic stakeholders of today, internal democracy is working in the All Progressive Congress party,”

he said.

“For us in Lagos State, the Congress demonstrates that we are one and unified, and that we can galvanize ourselves, and by God’s help, our wish is for our leader, Aisiwaju Bola Tinubu, to be the party’s presidential candidate in 2023.”

Tinubu is rumored to be eyeing the presidency in 2023.

Posters have been seen in certain states, and a campaign office has been established in Abuja.

Despite the outpouring of support from his fans, the former governor of Lagos State has stayed mute about his presidential ambitions.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Published

on

Okezie Ikpeazu deputy Oko Chukwu
photo: commons.wikipedia.org

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Rt. Hon Ude Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia State, has praised his boss, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, for their overall cordial relationship and synergy.

He restated his sincere commitment to continue to support and collaborate with Ikpeazu in all of his efforts to provide the people of the state and Nigeria with a strong and effective democratic government.

The praise was contained in a statement issued by the Deputy Governor and made available to journalists in Umuahia on Sunday by his Chief Press Secretary, Obasi Okibeh Onwukah, congratulating Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday on Monday.

Oko Chukwu said it was thrilling to be a part of the Abia administration, which has been led by Governor Ikpeazu since 2015, especially because of the state’s historic successes in all areas of the economy, which have substantially improved the state’s face and fortunes.

According to him, there are a thousand and one plausible reasons to thank and appreciate God for the clean bill of health he has bestowed upon the State Chief Executive, adding that his entire family is relying on God’s divine assurance to confidently declare that Kinetic Governor will continue to celebrate many more glorious birthdays ahead in stronger and healthier condition.

While congratulating him on his 57th birthday, the Abia Deputy Governor prayed that God Almighty would sustain and empower him in everything that he does in order to positively and effectively lead Abia State to higher heights for the glory of God and the common welfare of humanity.

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari congratulated Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday milestone on Sunday.

To honor the Abia Governor, the President joined the whole Ikpeazu family, their friends, and acquaintances.

Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, made the announcement on Sunday.

Continue Reading

Trending Now