Connect with us

Uncategorized

Phone Numbers Of Top Government Officials, Others Found On Spying List As Target

Published

on

spying list

Phone Numbers Of Top Government Officials, Others Found On Spying List As Target

From today’s report on Mail Online, many top government officials, journalists, and human right activists phone numbers were found out to be a potential target of a huge international spying operation.

According to Mail Online, more than 50,000 top Government officials, journalists, and human right activists around the world were identified as target persons by the clients of Israeli firm NSO that develops surveillance system called Pegasus.

French president, Emmanuel Macron, President Imran Khan of Pakistan, President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa and World Health Organisation chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus were among the potential targets found on a list of numbers that was leaked to Amnesty and the Paris-based journalism nonprofit Forbidden Stories.

The office of Paris prosecutor is currently investigating the suspected widespread of the the usage of the Pegasus spyware and an official from the president’s office stated that;

“If this is rumor is proven to be true, it is undoubtedly a very serious problem”

An Investigator Laurent Richard said on French TV that;

“’We found these numbers but we obviously couldn’t do a technical analysis of Emmanuel Macron’s phone to determine if it had been infected with a spying device.”

And according to the reports the NSO group last night denied that they have ever kept such type of list, of potential past or existing spying targets.

According to Washington post, three current prime ministers, and the king of Morocco, Mohammed VI are on the list as well.

The Washington post also noted that none of the heads of state has accepted to give out their phones for forensic testing which could have detected whether their phones were affected or not by the NSO’s military-grade Pegasus spying ware.

Thirty seven phones were identified after the investigation to be either have been breached or show signs of attempted infection by the spying ware.

The Washington post and 16 other members of a global media group were granted access to this leaked list.

On Sunday, Amnesty revealed a forensic investigation that showed that Amazon Web Services was accommodating the NSO organization. However, in response to this Amazon said that it shut down NSO accounts that were recognized to be linked with the reported spying activity, stating that the accounts had gone against its terms and conditions of use.

DigitalOcean which is another U.S company was identified by Amnesty to be hosting one of NSO infrastructures. When they were contacted they neither confirmed nor denied the analysis report.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

Published

on

C.Ronaldo requests for zidane as coach
photo: sports/Peachright.com

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

According to El Chiringuito, Cristiano Ronaldo has advised Manchester United’s board to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Zinedine Zidane.

Following a 4-2 loss to Leicester City on Saturday, Solskjaer has been under greater scrutiny.

The Red Devils have lost three matches in the Premier League.

United’s leadership is said to have given Solskjaer their full support, believing the 48-year-old would enhance the team’s performance.

Senior officials at Old Trafford, on the other hand, are weighing their alternatives and have identified him as a viable contender, based on Ronaldo’s proposal.

According to the report, Zidane has met with United’s management, but he is interested in succeeding Didier Deschamps as France’s new head coach.

It’s also been reported that Zidane was approached by both PSG and Newcastle United, but the former Real Madrid manager declined both offers.

 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker

Published

on

BOLAJI TINUBU AND PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
Photo credit: STEFAN HEUNIS/AFP via Getty Images

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker.

Hon Gbolahan Yishawu, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, has stated that the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is ready to nominate Bola Tinubu, the party’s national leader, as its presidential candidate in 2023.

The outcome of Saturday’s State Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that they were ready to appoint Tinubu the APC’s flag bearer.

The legislator, who represents Eti-Osa II, made the statement immediately after the congress, which took place at Lagos State’s Mobolaji Johnson Arena Stadium.

The success of the Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that internal democracy was here to stay.

He praised party members for maintaining peace and order throughout the congress’s conclusion.

“As you can see here, everything is peaceful and orderly, and the rules and regulations of the party are being played according to the party’s constitution, and we are upholding all democratic and pragmatic stakeholders of today, internal democracy is working in the All Progressive Congress party,”

he said.

“For us in Lagos State, the Congress demonstrates that we are one and unified, and that we can galvanize ourselves, and by God’s help, our wish is for our leader, Aisiwaju Bola Tinubu, to be the party’s presidential candidate in 2023.”

Tinubu is rumored to be eyeing the presidency in 2023.

Posters have been seen in certain states, and a campaign office has been established in Abuja.

Despite the outpouring of support from his fans, the former governor of Lagos State has stayed mute about his presidential ambitions.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Published

on

Okezie Ikpeazu deputy Oko Chukwu
photo: commons.wikipedia.org

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Rt. Hon Ude Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia State, has praised his boss, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, for their overall cordial relationship and synergy.

He restated his sincere commitment to continue to support and collaborate with Ikpeazu in all of his efforts to provide the people of the state and Nigeria with a strong and effective democratic government.

The praise was contained in a statement issued by the Deputy Governor and made available to journalists in Umuahia on Sunday by his Chief Press Secretary, Obasi Okibeh Onwukah, congratulating Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday on Monday.

Oko Chukwu said it was thrilling to be a part of the Abia administration, which has been led by Governor Ikpeazu since 2015, especially because of the state’s historic successes in all areas of the economy, which have substantially improved the state’s face and fortunes.

According to him, there are a thousand and one plausible reasons to thank and appreciate God for the clean bill of health he has bestowed upon the State Chief Executive, adding that his entire family is relying on God’s divine assurance to confidently declare that Kinetic Governor will continue to celebrate many more glorious birthdays ahead in stronger and healthier condition.

While congratulating him on his 57th birthday, the Abia Deputy Governor prayed that God Almighty would sustain and empower him in everything that he does in order to positively and effectively lead Abia State to higher heights for the glory of God and the common welfare of humanity.

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari congratulated Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday milestone on Sunday.

To honor the Abia Governor, the President joined the whole Ikpeazu family, their friends, and acquaintances.

Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, made the announcement on Sunday.

Continue Reading

Trending Now