Connect with us

Uncategorized

Latest Huawei phones do not support 5G due to US sanctions

Published

on

Latest Huawei phones

The Latest Huawei phones from Chinese telecom equipment giant Huawei Technologies does not

 support 5G connectivity as the company continues to lose relevance in the mobile phone market

under Washington’s ban for access to American technologies.

Richard Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei’s consumer business group, said during an online launch event of the Latest Huawei phones on the evening of July 29 that the P50 and P50 Pro, the company’s latest flagship phones, will not support 5G support.

“US sanctions over the past two years have limited the development of our 5G smartphones.

We can only use 5G chips to provide 4G functionality.”

Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G chip, the P50 will be available for purchase from September

in China starting at 4,488 yuan ($695).

According to Yu, versions of the P50 Pro with 256 and 512 gigabytes of storage will feature an in-house

designed Kirin 9000 5G chip and will be available from early August.

Both of these models will be the first smartphones to come with the company’s own HarmonyOS 2,

an alternative to Google’s Android.

Huawei says more than 40 million people have updated their phones to the new operating system since its launch in June.

The launch of the P50 and P50 Pro comes a few months after Huawei’s founder, Ren Zhengfei,

called for the company to accelerate the company’s shift to software and diversify its revenue streams

to survive the scourge of Huawei US trade ban.

Huawei’s handset business took a hit last year when the company posted its slowest revenue growth in a decade

due to sanctions imposed under former US President Donald Trump that banned

mobile phones global chip maker supplying the Shenzhen-based giant.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), the Taiwanese foundry that makes

most of Huawei’s chips, halted shipments last September when the ban went into effect.

Huawei, in an effort to conserve its dwindling resources, spun off its low-cost handset brand,

Honor, and sold it to a consortium led by the Shenzhen government to ensure its survival of sub-brands.

According to research by Canalys, in the second quarter of 2021, Huawei fell out of

the top 5 companies in China for the first time in more than 7 years.

Xiaomi, which has risen to third place behind Vivo and Oppo, has increased its domestic shipments by

35% as it tries to fill the void left by Huawei.

Huawei is now the sixth most popular brand in China with 9% market share, in stark contrast

to the same period last year when it came in at number one with 44.3% market share.

Canalys analyst Nicole Peng said the results were not surprising.

“Demand for Huawei devices is higher than what Huawei can actually supply,”

she said,

noting that Huawei’s shipments have dropped significantly due to a lack of components.

With the release of the P50 delayed by more than a quarter of its usual launch in March,

the 4G version of the P50 will be an important test for Huawei to see if its brand can surpass it through

the overall market transition to 5G, Ms. Peng added.

Data from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) shows that

China has built the world’s largest 5G infrastructure with a total of 900,000 5G base stations across the country.

Smartphone makers have accelerated the release of 5G-enabled phones as mobile operators offer generous deals on 5G services.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

Published

on

C.Ronaldo requests for zidane as coach
photo: sports/Peachright.com

Ronaldo Asks Man Utd board to Replace Solskjaer with Zidane

According to El Chiringuito, Cristiano Ronaldo has advised Manchester United’s board to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Zinedine Zidane.

Following a 4-2 loss to Leicester City on Saturday, Solskjaer has been under greater scrutiny.

The Red Devils have lost three matches in the Premier League.

United’s leadership is said to have given Solskjaer their full support, believing the 48-year-old would enhance the team’s performance.

Senior officials at Old Trafford, on the other hand, are weighing their alternatives and have identified him as a viable contender, based on Ronaldo’s proposal.

According to the report, Zidane has met with United’s management, but he is interested in succeeding Didier Deschamps as France’s new head coach.

It’s also been reported that Zidane was approached by both PSG and Newcastle United, but the former Real Madrid manager declined both offers.

 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker

Published

on

BOLAJI TINUBU AND PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
Photo credit: STEFAN HEUNIS/AFP via Getty Images

Tinubu will be a presidential candidate for the APC, according to a lawmaker.

Hon Gbolahan Yishawu, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, has stated that the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is ready to nominate Bola Tinubu, the party’s national leader, as its presidential candidate in 2023.

The outcome of Saturday’s State Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that they were ready to appoint Tinubu the APC’s flag bearer.

The legislator, who represents Eti-Osa II, made the statement immediately after the congress, which took place at Lagos State’s Mobolaji Johnson Arena Stadium.

The success of the Congress, according to Yishawu, demonstrated that internal democracy was here to stay.

He praised party members for maintaining peace and order throughout the congress’s conclusion.

“As you can see here, everything is peaceful and orderly, and the rules and regulations of the party are being played according to the party’s constitution, and we are upholding all democratic and pragmatic stakeholders of today, internal democracy is working in the All Progressive Congress party,”

he said.

“For us in Lagos State, the Congress demonstrates that we are one and unified, and that we can galvanize ourselves, and by God’s help, our wish is for our leader, Aisiwaju Bola Tinubu, to be the party’s presidential candidate in 2023.”

Tinubu is rumored to be eyeing the presidency in 2023.

Posters have been seen in certain states, and a campaign office has been established in Abuja.

Despite the outpouring of support from his fans, the former governor of Lagos State has stayed mute about his presidential ambitions.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Published

on

Okezie Ikpeazu deputy Oko Chukwu
photo: commons.wikipedia.org

Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia, salutes Ikpeazu, at 57 and pledges his support.

Rt. Hon Ude Oko Chukwu, the Deputy Governor of Abia State, has praised his boss, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, for their overall cordial relationship and synergy.

He restated his sincere commitment to continue to support and collaborate with Ikpeazu in all of his efforts to provide the people of the state and Nigeria with a strong and effective democratic government.

The praise was contained in a statement issued by the Deputy Governor and made available to journalists in Umuahia on Sunday by his Chief Press Secretary, Obasi Okibeh Onwukah, congratulating Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday on Monday.

Oko Chukwu said it was thrilling to be a part of the Abia administration, which has been led by Governor Ikpeazu since 2015, especially because of the state’s historic successes in all areas of the economy, which have substantially improved the state’s face and fortunes.

According to him, there are a thousand and one plausible reasons to thank and appreciate God for the clean bill of health he has bestowed upon the State Chief Executive, adding that his entire family is relying on God’s divine assurance to confidently declare that Kinetic Governor will continue to celebrate many more glorious birthdays ahead in stronger and healthier condition.

While congratulating him on his 57th birthday, the Abia Deputy Governor prayed that God Almighty would sustain and empower him in everything that he does in order to positively and effectively lead Abia State to higher heights for the glory of God and the common welfare of humanity.

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari congratulated Governor Ikpeazu on his 57th birthday milestone on Sunday.

To honor the Abia Governor, the President joined the whole Ikpeazu family, their friends, and acquaintances.

Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, made the announcement on Sunday.

Continue Reading

Trending Now